Bead Soup Blog Party #7 Reveal

Time for the first reveal at the Bead Soup Blog Party # 7.

First off, I was thrilled with all the beads, charms and bits that my partner Debra Behrends (Hopeful Journeys) shared with me.

So much good stuff that I could not fit everything into my limited design time.

BSBP 2013 D

BSBP 2013 C

BSBP 2013B

(The raw materials.)

Next up, I’d like to thank Lori Anderson (Pretty Things) for hosting this event and at the same time, to thank all the party goers who make this such a blog blast. Reserve some time for blog hopping. It’s a treat. Participants links are here.

A few words about my design process. Mostly I just sit down and make stuff. Not much for sketching, or grand design planning. I trust that the piece will come into being and to be what it needs to be. And, that it will appeal to someone, somewhere.

BSBP7 Blue Lucite Necklace by The Beading Yogini

BSBP7 Etched Flower Bead Necklace by The Beading Yogini

BSBP7 Butterfly Necklace by The Beading Yogini

BSBP7 Hummer Necklace by The Beading Yogini

(The finished goods.)

Thanks for taking a peek.

104 thoughts on “Bead Soup Blog Party #7 Reveal

1. Heather says:

Love that huge batch of soup – what a creative gift! First let me say your photos are looking so fab, your designs are amazing and I’m always inspired by what you create. I love the texture of the macrame in the first piece with just the smallest touch of fiber that adds so much to the focals. The other three necklaces are perfectly designed and look like they just jumped off the pages of a beading publication. I’m off to check out more of your blog, I haven’t been here in a while!!!

2. Lori Anderson says:

OMG. I am in love with the necklace with the huge green lampwork bead and your first piece, too! Really, anything you make is amazing. You’re an amazing designer I’m proud to call a friend!

Thank you SO MUCH for joining in these parties, and I hope you continue to!!

3. Sandra says:

Your creations are all gorgeous, but I especially love the necklace with the blue flowers. The knotted segment with the graduating beads definitely caught my eyes.

4. says:

I’m on the 3rd reveal, I’m partecipating for the 3rd time on BSBP, I’m visiting all blogs… you received a beautiful, huge, soup and you did a great work, I love all pieces, I love your style.
    ciao dall’Italia

5. Bobbie Rafferty says:

Of course, they’re all beautiful, as is everything that comes off of your design table. But I particularly like the mix of materials on either side of the first necklace, and the last necklace grabs me because I’m a ridiculous sucker for purple. Is that a clasp you used as the pendant on the final one? Very cool!

6. Ambra says:

Wow! You received a very generous soup and did great things with it! I particularly love the desing of the neckalce with the butterflies. It’s amazing!

Ambra

7. Lea Avroch says:

WOW!…on both the beautiful soup & your creations! Love them all, but I particularly like the simplicity of the 1st design with the wire wrapped daisies. So unique & pretty.

8. Donetta says:

I knew the moment I saw your first photographs that I was in for a treat…your pictures are FABULOUS! And your process so totally works…each and every piece is my favorite! I love your work.

9. Maybeline Tay says:

Your creations are so beautiful. I love how you combined fiber, with metal and glass in your first necklace. The 2nd piece with the lampwork focal was beautiful and the wirework gave the whole piece a very interesting feel. NICE!

10. Jean Yates says:

I LOVE your work! It is exquisitely beautiful and I am drawn to every piece! You did a magnificent job!
    Thanks for showing it in such lovely photos, too!
    jean yates

11. Liz Engriser says:

Such utter sweetness. That first piece captivated me. I’m glad you explained your general design process. I’m always curious to know how people approach their art. You take great pictures as well and have a beautiful website.

12. Robin Kae Reed says:

Wow you had a wonderful pot full of soup to work with didn’t you!!! You did a wonderful job!!! love all the designs. I don’t think I have a favorite! I love all the color and the texture and movement!!! Great Job!!!

13. Shaiha says:

I don’t think that you need to hope that someone will like your pieces. They are all so incredible. I am totally in love with the first two necklaces. The knotting is so beautiful.

14. Cheryl says:

Man O Man! You received the soup of the century! And what you did with it is next to fabulous! Oh, wait a minute…it is FABULOUS! I would proudly wear any of your creations. Thank you for sharing your talent with the rest of us.

15. Carol Dillman says:

Such yummy goodness in your bead soup! Looks like you will more to cook up with what is left. I love the creations you have made for the party. I thnk my favorite is the first necklace with the blue flower beads.